In this post and the next one, I'd like to share the explanation/sample for three of the potential groups, then I'll share a final post listing the actual groups that have formed.
Feel free to discuss and modify the approach, but here’s one suggested approach which you can try out as a group tonight. Before you are done, try to agree about what you will bring (in terms of supplies) next week and what you’ll do.
1. Brainstorm (and write down) some potential service projects your group could do, noting the size of the group. Keep in mind the following variations:
- Spending the hour on Wednesday night “prepping” and then one or more delivering the next day/days. (ex: group making a meal in the kitchen and then one or two delivering afterward or the next day)
- Each person prepping prior to Wednesday and then the group “delivering” on Wed pm. (ex: gifts/cards for the church staff, then placing them Wed pm)
- An “all-in-one” project – something you could do on Wednesday night that is self-contained (ex: visiting a shut-in)
- Sharing stories with the congregation or beyond? A blog or Facebook page?
- Engaging the congregation in your projects or similar ones?
- “Bigger” projects around the holidays?