If you are new to this blog....

Welcome! The primary purpose of this blog is to explore and encourage around what it means to be winsome and sent into the world for God's glory. If you are new here, the definition of "lighthouse-searchlight" or our missional journey is a good place to start. Come peruse the blog and add me to your RSS feed!

Monday, February 09, 2009

upcoming fun

In addition to moderating my first presbytery meeting next Saturday (Valentine's Day!)... and it being a "biggie" with the controversial Amendment B vote, I am preparing for my first venture onto the missional lecture circuit.

The Presbyterian Global Fellowship is a fellowship of Presbyterians "seeking to reclaim the missional purpose of the church." For more detail of vision, purpose, and implementation strategies, see their self-description HERE.

This year PGF is offering regional conferences, like THIS ONE in Atlanta in two weeks. I have been asked to co-lead a workshop described (by them) as follows:

Maximizing MPG (missional per gallon): small churches
Robert Austell, Charlotte, NC, and Jerry Deck, Carol Stream, IL

Smaller numbers doesn’t mean fewer gifts. In fact, smaller churches are uniquely equipped for helping God transform their communities and the world. Join two smaller church pastors who have worked with their sessions and congregations to be the “sent” ones of Jesus in the world.
Basically, I'm going to talk about how Good Shepherd has caught a vision for missional ministry (aka lighthouse/searchlight ministry)... and put it into practice. I'm excited to be able to share some of the tools we have developed and hope they will prove useful for other small churches.

I hope to report on how the workshop goes and how the material is received. If they throw tomatoes, I'll probably quietly remove this post and move on... but hopefully, there will be some positive response. :)

4 comments:

Quotidian Grace said...

Blessings on your meeting and congratulations on the invitation to address PGF.

thechurchgeek said...

I'll be watching here for info on how it goes!

Viola Larson said...

I will pray for you for Saturday. Please pray for us for the next weekend. And congradulations on your ministry at PGF.

thekingpin68 said...

'I am preparing for my first venture onto the missional lecture circuit.

I hope to report on how the workshop goes and how the material is received. If they throw tomatoes, I'll probably quietly remove this post and move on... but hopefully, there will be some positive response. :)'

If they throw tomatoes tell them that your blogs are

thekingpin68

and

satire and theology

Seriously Robert, I wish you all the best with the speaking. As noted previously, you sound professional.

I have a new short post.

Russ:)

Like Us!